WWE NXT Season 3 - Divas Edition

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy

Maxine - Alicia Fox
Jamie Keyes - Bella Twins
Naomi Night - Kelly Kelly
AJ Lee - Primo
Kaitlyn - Vickie Guerrero
Aksana - Goldust​

Note: The list above is in order of how they appear on the image above.

Risky decision by WWE going for an all diva season. I had thought they would go with a four diva and four male show this time around since they were running out of male wrestlers. This will either be a success, in that it keeps similar ratings to the previous NXT Season, or it will be a huge failure.

Big surprise for me is Primo being selected as a Pro. He has rarely been used lately and this may mean that WWE want to keep him around, or it could lead to his release like it was for Carlito.

6 foot 9 inches tall for a female! That will be a huge trainwreck, most divas aren't five and a half feet tall and can't wrestle too well so this will end badly.

AJ Lee is meant to be the best wrestler out of them all so should be favourite to win.

Your thoughts on the Diva concept and the rookies and Pros selected?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
wwe.com said:
WWE Pro Vickie Guerrero has fired her NXT season three Rookie Diva, Aloisia.

Various sources are reporting that Guerrero, the temperamental Official Consultant of SmackDown, had an argument with her 6-foot-9 Rookie Diva over Vickie’s influence over Aloisia.

The news has left WWE NXT season three shaken before it’s even started. But when reached for comment, Guerrero stated she would reveal her new Rookie Diva on the WWE NXT season three premiere this Tuesday night at 10 p.m. ET on Syfy.

???

Changes already to the cast. I had assumed that the giant would play a key role in this season and would be a way to get some viewers. I am glad this has happened though since her matches would have been horrible.

The only other diva on the FCW roster is Ricki Vaughn so I assume she will be brought in unless WWE hire another diva this weekend.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Here are the results for week one of Season 3;

pwmania said:
WWE NXT (Airing tonight on SyFy):

* The Pros come out to introduce their Rookies. Vickie Guerrero announced her new Diva as Caitlyn. Matt Striker announces this season will be three months long (which means it will outlast the current TV deal). All of the Rookies got some mic time.

* Caitlyn put over she was homecoming queen and class clown but Vickie Guerrero made her do it over. Aksana siad she was a billion dollar beauty from Lituania. Maxine announced she had street, booking and common sense. AJ told Striker he needed a huge and said her goal was to win NXT and get a title shot. Jamie said she was ready to go from behind the mic to competing and give it 110%. Naomi says she's a fighter.

* Striker announces the first elimination will take place in four weeks. Whoever has the most wins will be immune from elimination. Up next is a Rookie Challenge.

* Naomi won a Diva dance off with Michael Cole. The segment went over pretty bad.

* Kelly Kelly & Naomi vs. Alicia Fox & Maxine. Winners following Naomi pinning Maxine, Naomi & Kelly Kelly.

* Another Rookie challenge. It's capture the flag at ringside. It came down to Naomi and Maxine with Naomi winning her second challenge of the night.

* Goldust & Aksana vs. Primo & AJ. The match saw a botched finish so they had to re-tape. AJ pinned Aksana to win the match for her and Goldust.

* Vickie Guerrero and Caitlyn came out. Vickie wanted Caitlyn to introduce herself for a third time. She wouldn't do it. Primo said it is AJ's time which prompted Caitlyn to attempt a beat down on AJ. AJ ended up shoving Caitlyn into Vickie and celebrated with Primo to end the show.

So we know that it is a three month long season with the first elimination occuring in four weeks time.

I hate the stupid challenges that they run on NXT, capture the flag!? I mean come-on this is meant to be a serious show. I can understand challenges regarding promos, matches and maybe even wrestling skills but other skits are just ridiculous.

I won't see this until the weekend so will add more then.

Has anyone seen this? Is this weeks show any good? What is it like having all Diva's?

schizo

Reaction score
I saw most of the first episode and I have to admit that it honestly wasn't bad. There wasn't much wrestling involved but it was entertaining. Naiomi seems to be extremely talented both in ring and on the mic. I call her the female Booker T. AJ seems like she has something to give back to the company but she had a horrible botch in her first match. Could be stage fright though which is understandable. The rest weren't too impressive.

Brock Lesnar

Reaction score
I liked the first episode. It was entertaining, and different from the first two season. With the Divas, it's probably more widely accepted to do these challenges, and they can look sexy and stuff while they do it.

I really am a fan of Kaitlyn, and AJ. Kaitlyn is super hot, and so is AJ, which is the only reason they're around in the first place of course.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Here are the results for Week 2 of Season 3;

WNW said:
WWE NXT (Airing tonight on SyFy):

* The show opens with Vickie Guerrero coming out with Kaitlyn. Vickie announces Dolph Ziggler will team with her in a mixed tag match up now.

* Dolph Ziggler & Kaitlyn b. Primo & AJ in a mixed tag team match when Ziggler pinned Primo.

* Jamie wins a "joke off" Rookie Challenge. The crowd acted as judges.

* Jamie w/The Bella Twins b. Aksana w/Goldust

* A video recapping The Undertaker's feud with WWE Champion Kane is shown.

* Backstage, Vickie Guerrero accuses Dolph Ziggler of having an affair with her Rookie Kaitlyn.

* Time for another Rookie Challenge. Matt Striker introduces it as a Diva obstacle course. Before the segment gets started, Vickie tells Kaitlyn she's going to show her how to do it with perfection. Vickie falls on her face before she finished the course and threw a temper tantrum. She finished with a time of 1:16. The rest of the results - Kaitlyn at 36.4 seconds, Aksana at 37.2 seconds, AJ at 46 seconds, Maxine at 39.1 seconds, Jamie at 36.8 seconds and Naomi at 57.4 seconds. The winner of the challenge is Kaitlyn.

* Michael Cole bangs on a gong at ringside and goes ballistic on the mic. He announces he's finished with the show and walks backstage.

Good idea to bring Dolph Ziggler across with Vickie, adds another dimension and allows them to do mized tag team matches like they did this week. Accusing Dolph of cheating is predictable but should produce some decent segments in the next few weeks.

Biggest news is Michael Cole leaving the show. Will he be finished with the show or will he come back next week? If he does leave the simple solution is making Matt Striker the other commentator whilst also acting as host.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Quick Results for Wk 3 S3

- NXT Rookie Diva Challenge: A.J. won Musical Chairs
- A.J. def. Maxine
- NXT Rookie Diva Challenge: A.J. won Talk the Talk Challenge?
- Naomi, Jamie & Kelly Kelly def. Kaitlyn & Lay-Cool
Plus CM Punk was chosen to replace Michael Cole as commentator. Great choice, and unexpected choice, he has the gift of the gab and is excellent on the mic. He is very well spoken and plays his heel character well behind the booth. Michael Cole did say at the end of the show that he will come back as commentator though so I don't know where that leaves CM Punk. Will they go for a three man booth? It is quite sad that the best part of the show is the storyline around Michael Cole and the commentry team.

I haven't seen the matches so I can't comment but I don't expect much. For me I want Aksana to win though as I find her gimmick hilarious, plus Goldust is her pro plus she is the best looker of the group.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
I have to say CM Punk on commenatary is making me tune into this show tonight... it's the only reason to watch it at all in my opinion. I mean Aloisia had me interested, but we seen how that went... and also, in terms of looks, I much prefer Katilyn :p.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
NXT does nothing for me now, I mean even Season 2 bores me. The addition of Punk is good and may make me watch once in a while but apart from that and Naomi's awesome ass I have no reason to watch this shit.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I will watch NXT now simply for the fact that CM Punk is commentating the show. He is hilarious and how funny was it seeing him hug Cole. That was just great, Punk makes it watchable. Anyway A.J has some legit potential and Kaitlyn has got it going on ( look wise not wrestling wise). Other than that, the girl are blah to me. Maxime sucks the most.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well for US viewers it becomes more difficult now as NXT will be shown on wwe.com now as it's contract with SyFy finished and it wasn't able to find a new home. To anyone that previously tuned in will you continue to watch the show or will you just read the results and then view any bits that interest you? Do you think that NXT will find a new home in the US?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
To update this thread Jamie was the first eliminated and she was then released from WWE as well. Maxine was the next to be eliminated and that was certainly the right choice.

AJ, Aksana, Naomi and Kaitlyn are left. Kaitlyn and Aksana both have feuds outside of NXT and are featured on other programs so I assume that neither of them will win it. Naomi will be eliminated next and AJ will win it.

Reaction score
AJ seems to be a perfect fit to win she actually reminds me of Ashely Massarro only better looking in my eyes. If AJ wins will this mean Primo turns face? I mean he needs something! I hate the the WWE is burying him!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A face Primo would be better than a heel Primo, he seems like a natural face to me and will hopefully be turned soon. Maybe if AJ wins they will be kept together and so he may get some exposure on RAW/Smackdown whichever brand he is on. I think that being the brother of Carlito hurt him in the end. They had a good tag team yet that was broken up way too early.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
The results of the latest NXT Poll were revealed on tonight’s episode of WWE NXT and it was disclosed that Aksana has been eliminated from the competition.

Immediately following the announcement, “The Billion Dollar Baby” pretended to faint. Aksana grabbed the mic from the floor and said, “Somebody make mistake.” She vowed to come back and said she will go to Vince McMahon’s office and write a letter. She then blew kisses to the crowd and walked up the ramp before being stopped by Goldust. He pulled out a piece of paper and said he wants a divorce. She screamed and stormed off.

It was announced that an elimination would occur on next week’s show. Three contestants remain—AJ, Kaitlyn and Naomi. The season finale takes place two weeks from now.

Is it just me or is anyone else disappointed that they aren't keeping Aksana on as a regular manager for Goldust? I thought that they made a good odd couple and that it could work well but WWE have stopped that very early.

Another elimination next week and then the final in two weeks is good news since it means this will all be over. I still think that AJ should be the winner of the show.