Tara/Victoria back to TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

-- Lisa Marie Varon (a/k/a Tara) is expected to return to TNA Wrestling. She was legitimately leaving when her previous contract expired, hence the retirement stipulation in her match with Madison Rayne at Sacrifice. But just before the match took place, she and Dixie Carter either cut a new deal or were closing in on one. Since the retirement stipulation was already in place, she lost as scheduled and left. Creative is now trying to develop an angle to explaining her return.

Good to read that TNA is trying to get back a talented female wrestler rather than firing more. Interesting that they were close to a new deal before she finished up with TNA and they went through with the retirement match rather than coming up with a creative reason to change the stipulation or indeed just getting her to win the match. Hope she returns soon and starts adding some credibility back to the Knockouts division.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I have been a huge Victoria fan for years, it was her no DQ match with Trish at Surviver Series 2002 that really made me seat up, and I think she did some brillant work in WWE, not least as a heel. Her TNA run was a a let down, more due to the company than her. I think bring her back so soon after having her retire is a bit of a gamble.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was that the match where one of the weapons was a lifesize cardboard cutout of Trish Stratus? If so that was a great match, she was excellent as a heel then when she was the stalker type character.

TNA, and WWE before them, were silly to get rid of her since she is one of the most talented female wrestlers around and would add a lot to both companies women's divisions. I haven't heard anything about her returning to TNA since this news story but I hope they are in the process of getting a contract completed. TNA could really use another Knockout considering they have singles and tag team titles.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No but I think there might have been a ironing board involved. But it was a full on enounter.