Kane - Can this storyline lead to a World Title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I know that I am biased since I am a huge Kane fan but after watching this storyline develop over the past few weeks I believe that it is a fair question to ask.

Undertaker being written out of Smackdown for being in a vegatative state has rejuvinated Kane's mainevent career in my opinion. Yes he has always been around the title scene but hasn't really had a strong mainevent push since Edge was champion on Smackdown right before his injury which lead to a Khali title reign. The promo on Smackdown by Kane talking about Undertaker being dead and Kane wanting vengence was the best promo of his career and one of the best I have seen in the past few years in WWE.

Since that promo he has been hunting down people, mainly maineventers, backstage demanding to know if it was them and he has been interfering during and after matches. Attacking the participants including the four that are in the World title match at F4W.

This has been a huge push so far and I can't wait to see what he is booked to do at F4W. He isn't in a match but surely he will play a role. If they continue with this then WWE could easily put the title on him as he is a credible contender.

I have high expectations for this storyline and I would mark out like it's 1999 if he won the World Title.

Do you think this storyline will lead to a World title for Kane? How far do you think this storyline will lead him?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Since it looks like it will lead to Kane vs Taker, I doubt a title is involved. So my answer to the question would be no. Once the feud with Taker plays out unless he retires, he will be right back to where he is now.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
I am so glad to hear the Kane is finally getting a push! It has been a massive brain mash in my head trying to think of a reason why this man hasn't been made a multi-world champion and really there isn't one. When he is a face, he gettings cheered to the rafters and when he is heel he gets boo'ed out the building so it's nothing to do with populartiy. He's a big man so it's not his physic. It really most only be a personal reason and with this story line it sounds rather personal to the character so it could be a championship win. I havn't heard much about it but if this man is going around destroying people left, right and centre then he is getting built up. Why would the build him up, burying top heels and faces as he goes, then not make him champion? It makes scene and since he is on a rampage on Smackdown then there is nothing (other than booking) that stops him from running rampage at the next PPV. He could just come in, take out Mysterio (if he's in, havn't watched wwe for a while) and say I am in the match and then win? I hope Kane wins, KaneForChamp?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Since it looks like it will lead to Kane vs Taker, I doubt a title is involved. So my answer to the question would be no. Once the feud with Taker plays out unless he retires, he will be right back to where he is now.

I see the title changing hands before Undertaker returns to Smackdown and that is when I see Kane getting the title. Once Undertaker returns the title most likely wouldn't be involved but it will keep Kane in the mainevent for a bit longer and then he will go back to putting over guys on their way up the card.

I am so glad to hear the Kane is finally getting a push! It has been a massive brain mash in my head trying to think of a reason why this man hasn't been made a multi-world champion and really there isn't one. When he is a face, he gettings cheered to the rafters and when he is heel he gets boo'ed out the building so it's nothing to do with populartiy. He's a big man so it's not his physic. It really most only be a personal reason and with this story line it sounds rather personal to the character so it could be a championship win. I havn't heard much about it but if this man is going around destroying people left, right and centre then he is getting built up. Why would the build him up, burying top heels and faces as he goes, then not make him champion? It makes scene and since he is on a rampage on Smackdown then there is nothing (other than booking) that stops him from running rampage at the next PPV. He could just come in, take out Mysterio (if he's in, havn't watched wwe for a while) and say I am in the match and then win? I hope Kane wins, KaneForChamp?

I hope so.

One 24 hour title reign doesn't make sense to me either for someone who has been over for a decade. He has been around the title scene ever since he debuted the Kane gimmick yet to only get one world title reign is a tad disappointing. Especially looking at some of the people who have held the title in transitional reigns, Great Khali I am looking at you. One more title reign would be nice and like you said, he is taking out all the maineventers so this has to lead to at least a title shot down the line otherwise it won't make sense.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
24 hours as champion for 10+ years of hard work, what a pay back. Seriously I was supprised at the last PPV he didn't win because he rightfully disevers it. With every champion the show must revolve around them really, if Kane was to win just think of all the possiblities, he could create a faction of monster heel's? Scare the GM all the time to getting his way? Making people do things for him like taking people out? The possibilietes are endless but still no title. It might be his own personal choice not to be a champion because with being champion you have to no doubt do the stuff like going to book signing and such, however he already does that so really if he doesn't win this by the end of the year I can see him not being champion ever. For all we know, Undertaker could come back, take Kane out, Win the belt, and then an awesome do-or-die match for the belt.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
There have been so many times where the title has changed hands and I have thought why wasn't Kane used here as he would have done a good job. There have been plenty of times where Kane as champion would have worked yet WWE never do it. He may not want the title but I think one more small run would be a nice thing for his fans to see, give him a week as champion and I will be over the moon. Right now he should continue to destroy each of the main contenders, i.e. the four from Fatal 4-Way, one by one and then go after the champion and win it before Undertaker returns and then challenges him for the title since Kane was the one who attacked Undertaker.