ATTENTION ALL UWF MEMBERS

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hey,

I have just had a strange MSN convo where I have found out that Jay can no longer continue with UWF as it is too time consuming writing all the matches from scratch. So because of that UWF is stopping for the timebeing whilst I sort out this whole mess. I wish that he had told me much earlier and that he had told me himself.

I haven't been able to contact Slave lately so I am trying to get in touch with him to figure out what will happen. I will most likely be looking for a new owner and another writer. Most likely a staff of three to run things. I have very specific standards and ideas for the fed even though I don't take part I do like to ensure certain things happen.

So I will be trying to get in contact with Slave or Slave if you read this please send me a pm or contact me on MSN.

Anyone that wants to run a fed on WS please contact me through pm here and I will listen to all offers and make a decision from there. I want something that will actually last more than one damn show. This is the perfect time to start a fed and so I want people who are dedicated to run a fed.

PM me your ideas for a fed on WS. Will it be WWE wrestlers, WWE and TNA, WWE/TNA/CAW or just CAW's. How will the matches be written. How often will shows be run. Who will be the writers. Will there be a TT limit, will it be a word limit or a certain number of TT's per show and PPV? What will the name be etc.

Sorry to be the one to bring you the bad news but if I didn't I doubt you would ever hear this.

Troy

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well it definitely was nice while it lasted. Maybe it'll be picked up again. But it was a nice experience.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'm happy to take over n get the ball rolling.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well it only lasted the one show which was a shame but hopefully it will get back on track. People can still contact me if they want to run a fed here or if they just want to write, I have already been contacted by one member so far.

I have some questions for all members, to find out what everyone wants to get out of UWF.

What show format do you want to see? Weekly shows or fortnightly shows? Monthly PPV's or Bi-Monthly?
What TTing format do you want to use? 1/2 TT's per normal show and then 3/4 for a PPV? Or use a word limit? Something different?
Do you want just WWE wrestlers, WWE/TNA, WWE/TNA/ROH etc. or do you want CAW's (Create-a-Wrestler) as well or just CAWs?
What day would you prefer shows to be on?
Any other comments on how you would like the fed to be run?

Obviously whoever takes over would have some control over these things but I would like it to represent the general feelings of the members.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
1. Weekly shows.
2. Word Limit maybe something like 850 words for weekly and 1,500 for PPV
3. WWE/ROH/TNA/Indy Wrestlers, no CAW bullshit at all, because they annoy me personally and are frustrating especially if you're a writer.
4. Tuesday Nights are probably the best days to do a show imo.
5. Doing it this way would be the best. I like the 1,3,4 mostly. Just the limit I don't really mind but I like what I said.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Oh, another suggestion...

If people are voting CAW's then I'd prefer the fed to be some RP Fed instead of an actual CAW TT'ing Fed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Oh, another suggestion...

If people are voting CAW's then I'd prefer the fed to be some RP Fed instead of an actual CAW TT'ing Fed.

This is a key question as well. I don't think that a fed with CAW's and real wrestlers will work simply because it will be very difficult mixing the two. So for that question the question is:

Do you want a TTing e-fed like a UCW/CWA with WWE/TNA wrestlers or would you like to have an RP fed like IWA with wrestlers that people create themselves?

Lewb

Reaction score
I prefer a UCW kind of set-up. I feel that especially with new members, it helps relating to storylines and being able to get engrossed in reading the shows when they are characters you already know about.

Personally I would prefer Thursday shows with Monthly PPV's, bi-monthly are a bit too stale.

I like the 2 TT limit 850 for show, 4 TT 1500 for ppv.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Love your put in Lewbrication, however I believe either Tuesday or a Wednesday show is much better. Especially when Thursday in the USA is a Friday here. Really annoys me to rush the ending especially if I am writing. This is why I prefer doing a Tuesday show because it's mid-week.

Lewb

Reaction score
no problem! twas only a preference, I'm easy for whenever, i can TT pretty much anytime so as long as ample time is given, 5-6 days and I have no problems! 1 show a week i find is better too, I find people stay interested for longer with a weekly show instead of fortnightly.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
My vote would be for bi weekly shows. It takes a whole lot of strain off of the writers as well as the people having to RP. Because weekly shows definitely become a chore after a while. And things were very relaxed here with the bi-weekly set up rather than the every week something has to be done.

word limit: NONE! I've always been opposed to word limits because in a sense it allows for laziness. It allows for people that are "not as creative" to match up with those that are. And really it just puts limitations all over the board. Like look at what we had here... we had no limits at all yet nothing went long at all. The longest I've done in UCW is about 5k... the longest here is not even 500 words. Do not impose word limits but instead allow people to get a feel for what they want to do and have fun with it. The more rules you put in the less fun things seem and the more restricted things seem to become. It's open ended here and things have remained short... do NOT under any circumstances implement a word count limit.

As far as TT's go... I'd say no more than 4 for shows... although I highly doubt anybody will do more than 2. But with two weeks to TT for a show... it could very well reach that much and it'd be fine because there would be ample time to do it... which would then lead to the number of PPVs...

6. We don't need a PPV every month. We have plenty of other feds all over the net that have weekly shows, monthly PPVs, and all that stuff... we can be different. bi monthly PPVs will make each PPV appear a lot more special as well as create a LOT more time to build towards those shows. One thing that has been missing is feuds and with 2 months between shows will allow ample time.

CAW wrestlers. Again there are plenty of feds... heck UCW and CWA are still open with WWE/TNA/ROH/independent. Do we really need yet another one of those... when it's us? We have come from PWM over here... we don't need more of that. CAW wrestlers are not hard to write for. The handlers create movelists for their characters therefore you have something to go with. It's pretty much like writing a match with say Eddie Guerrero vs. Brian Pillman. It isn't like you can just turn on the TV and see a match with these two. You have to create... this will be creating as well. Thing is... it's an open book and nothing is pre-planned for you. So it requires a little work.

As far as what day... doesn't matter to me.

any other comments... I really would prefer that we not stick to the UCW/CWA mold of things and do things a lot differently and more relaxed here. We're here, we are set apart from PWM, let's make this place different than what it is over there. Let's do our own thing. Let's keep things relaxed. Let's keep things simple. Let us have some fun.

That's all I can say. I'm in as long as I can keep my CAW. If we revert to UCW style... then I will not be a part of this fed. Word limit? Out of the fed. That's all.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
I'm with Slim 100% percent here, I really don't want to see an e-fed like CWA/UCW here as it would be pointless really, and to be honest I probably wouldn't join. I'm actually for an all CAWs fed, as I believe it would set the fed apart from the others, and of course it allows more creative control over a character than someone who already has a gimmick/character.

So I'm for a CAW TT fed, bi-weekly shows, no limit and just a more relaxed and creative e-fed here.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Love the idea that we're going back to a CAW E-Fed, how would you guys like it done, as a Role Play or Trash-Talking style?

I love the idea of the bi-weekly seeing I write for UCW RAW which gives me more flow to write matches and such.

If you guys want to do CAW with Trash Talking style or Role Play do post and say which one. I like either way.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I like the TT idea. Just with CAW wrestlers. I like doing CAW characters better tbh. Gives me a chance to show what I can REALLY do.

Reaction score
I prefer TT and no CAWs! Why? Because people tend to get lazy not everyone but some of u with led to the demise of IWA! Also if you have a word limit with RZPs you killing peoples imagination! I say a 3 thread limit like IWA had is more appropriate for RPs. but I want Actual superstars with the access to add maybe a big name Movie Star or MMA. Lets face it lots of stars and MMA turn to wrestling and it would be a good move. Now if we decide to go with WWE/TNA/ROH/Indys.. I agree with a word limit, people tend to over do it and then in the end keep repeating themselves.