Did Sting Waste his Legacy in TNA?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sting was one of if not the greatest WCW star of all time. After the company ended in 2001, everyone expected him it go to WWE. instead, he went to a brand new TNA and tried to put them on the map. Every year people thought he'd leave but every year he stayed. It's only in 2013 that he left for good. Now TNA is in a pretty bad way. Do you guys think he wasted his legacy there? Was Sting's efforts all in vain?

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I wouldn't say it was in vain or a wasted effort. Yeah he could have made a lot more money with WWE but think of the lighter schedule he has had. He didn't have to take bumps over 300 days a year like he would in WWE so he saved a huge toll on his body. Also being a family man he had more time off to see his children grow up.

Yeah, he could have had more exposure, money, & fame, but its not like TNA didn't pay him well either.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
No

He was still a big deal in TNA, and if anything, part of his legacy is being the one guy who didn't sign so if anything it helped enhanced it. In a roundabout way.

Starlight

Yes, he absolutely did. He went into TNA at a time where TNA was in a downward spiral. Even though when he started in TNA when he did, TNA had a slight potential to get back on the wagon, but TNA failed to get back on the wagon. Whether TNA did not listen to the fans or critics and they just arrogant continued to invest in WWE has-been's like Jeff Hard who is so blatantly overrated and pathetic that he couldn't even see straight has yet to be seen. They NEVER used Sting as well as they should have. Sting got misused constantly and people worry the WWE is going to job him out? Sting was a fucking joke in TNA! I didn't like him as the MEM. I didn't like him with the GM role. I missed the WCW role. I hope WWE can help me get back to liking the Sting I did in WCW. So that's my stance on it, but yes... Sting wasted his legacy in TNA thanks to that fucking moron Dixie Carter.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I don't think he did. I think he made it more solid by not going to WWE for awhile. I mean we all wanted to see Sting in certain matches against certain people but since he took his stand it helped create that atmosphere of wanting him there more. While not everything he did in TNA was great it was something more that made Vince want him more.

using facial recognition on my galaxy s4

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I think he didn't waste it per say but probably stayed a little too long. At first it was cool and everything. After a while though, it started to get a little ridiculous. His matches and story lines started to get shittier. He should have left in 2010 when he was red hot. Now in 2014 he's cooled off a bit. Hopefully WWE will give him that much needed send off. So his legacy wasn't wasted, but he should have got out earlier IMO.