Skip Sheffield Injury Update

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fiend.

Reaction score
My Thoughts on Russo/TNA

I just don't see Russo leaving anytime soon. Yes, some of the things on screen have been bad, but my buddy and I are both hoping lightning can strike twice for Russo in TNA. He brought TNA around with S.E.X., and here's hoping he has something in mind to bring it around again.

Russo is one of the best minds in the business imo, and if Jarrett & Nash didn't have his ear like i think they do, which could explain a few things, Russo could make TNA great. At the very least, let's be thankful that he isn't
the creator of the Katie Vick angle.

This was taken directly from my post in the TNA Betting post. I wanted to bring it out here, to see what others have to say, even though I'm going to get flamed for being pro-Russo in TNA.

speedo_bobby

Reaction score
Russo's confirmed in more than one interview that he was only used as on-screen talent and had no booking power in his first run in TNA.

Now that he's actually writing the show, we get all the Russo trademarks, endless 'something on a pole' matches, ridiculous stipulations, convoluted storylines (The ChrisAbyss/Sting/Christian/Tomko mess), really bad skits (The Truth Goes To Hollywood, Big Fat Oily Guy), titles devalued by changing hands every other week (how many X-Division title changes since he took over?), guys turning face/heel every week (Hello, Kurt Angle) and hour-long shows with about ten minutes of wrestling.

Personally I don't hate the guy, I've watched a couple of his shoots and his audio interview @Wrestlecrap.com is definitely worth hearing.

I just prefer to see wrestling on a wrestling show.

Soulpower

The thing is I remember the first episode of Impact having a ME that went for almost 15 minutes and now we're lucky if we get 5 minutes of wrestling on a weekly basis. TNA were selling PPV's long before Russo was a booker, and they did the old-fashioned way, by letting the guys wrestle on TV and giving them some exposure.... and they still managed to push their storylines. Then Russi comes around and starts messing with was a good thing and now we get the crap we see week in and week out.

Russo isn't a wrestling genius, he doesn't have a mind for the business, he's just a lucky guy who was in the right place at the right time.... He's not the reason the Attitude era on the WWE was so successful, Austin, DX, The ROck, Mankind among othersm they were the reason that the WWF got big in the late 90's. What Russo really is, is the man who took WCW and took it straight to the ground and killed it.... that's Vince Russo.

bighustle233

Reaction score
i hate him as a booker. he's ruining the product with all these lame ass unbelievable storylines. Abyss killed his own father, okay thats realistic. Big Fat Oily Guy, c'mon have we even seen the WWE's big fat oily guy on a regular basis like we do in TNA?

Thanks to Russo we have great wrestlers turning heel and doing a poor ass job at it. AJ Styles and Chris Sabin do more posturing and running away from a match than they actually do wrestling. They're garbage now and they used to be the best.

We've got God Awful gimmicks, Ron the Truth Killings, Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal. We've got 35 minutes of talking and promos and about 10 minutes of wrestling on impact.

And then they have the nerve to fire Elix Skipper?!!?

I've got two words for Russo and it's not "Suck It" or "Thank You"

F.U. Russo. for killing TNA. ban me now i don't give a damn. You killed WCW, now your killing the second best (no. 1 in my book) wrestling company in the country.

phantomgerald

lets just wait and see what happens after there are two hours in one show. if the extra hoour is used to increase wrestling, i'm all for russo. if he still uses it for pointless skits then FU russo

xtremebadass

I believe in Vince Russo, how long has he had the job, and I am still watching it, something has to be good here.

Mike1989

Reaction score
Its better now Russo is in TNA, but they need to let Russo do what he wanrts, he has already come out and is displeased with the way they want different wrestlers having a little bit of time and its clogging up the show. They need to promote more wrestling and less promos, yes keep the major stuff but get rid of the pointless tuf eg Truth, Big Fat Oliy guy.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Source: Nodq.com

- Former Nexus member Skip Sheffield had to undergo a second operation a few weeks ago, this time for a trapped nerve in the leg that was originally injured. This had gone unnoticed and was causing some severe complications in Sheffield's rehabilitation process. He is now off crutches and has started on the advanced stages of his rehab process. There is no set timetable for his return.
That sucks was hoping he was on his way back.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
Was hoping to see him on Raw soon. Wouldn't mind him getting pushed.