Update on WWE Bringing Back Former Stars

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- WWE is looking at bringing back several names from the past over the next year as a way to bring back some of their fans who stopped watching the product. No returns have been confirmed but the usual speculation is names like Mick Foley, Chris Jericho and Batista. Word is that some familiar mid-card names from the past may be brought back also.
Seems pretty obvious really. I'd take Foley and Jericho back but not Batista after seeing his appearance due to training for MMA.

OMR

Reaction score
i would love to see jericho return to the wwe, foley too. never really cared for batista so it doesn't matter to me if he returns or not.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I'd love for Foley and Jericho to return Batista seems unlikely for the reason you stated and other reasons, but who knows.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Foley and Jericho hell yeah, and i would only want the batista from 2010 to return.

MaNonTheMoon

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
theshield
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
I can see Foley returning in a non-wrestler role of sorts, and I can also see Jericho coming back with the right feud/storyline. But Batista is a maybe. The man has lost alot of weight and muscle mass since he left.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Seems pretty obvious really. I'd take Foley and Jericho back but not Batista after seeing his appearance due to training for MMA.
Yet, he is in better shape than Foley or Jericho still.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Sure as hell ain't saying much in comparison to Foley as I'm sure most of this forum is in better shape than Foley and pretty sure he meant considering the fact that Batista's size is part of his appeal him being smaller will look odd.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I get the whole thing about his size, but the fact doesn't change that Batista is the bigger star of the 3 and it would mean more for anyone to feud with him than Jericho or Foley. The fans will care more about him be he the heel or the face as opposed to the other two, who were both madly over but not as over as him as the good or bad guy at their peaks. He still is strong as an ox and his appeal came from his ability to turn on and up the intensity with the way he acted as a face and heel. And of the three, he is the one who isn't, wasn't, and wouldn't be the one over weight and with the gut handing out over his tights like the other two.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Don't think anyone said nothing about either being a bigger star than Batista but if their goal is to bring back the old fans who stop watching then Foley or Jericho are the guys to bring back as I'm sure there isn't any fans who were fans of Batista who stopped watching. If their goal was to bring back somebody who is a instant main event level talent then yeah Batista would be the guy.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Just saying that Dave is in the best shape of the 3 so saying you wouldn't take him in his shape is laughable when you compare him even in his current condition to Jericho and Foley physically. We all know what Foley looks like, but Jericho had a pot belly hanging over his tights before he left and has gotten bigger when you look at recent fozzy pics, so knocking Dave's shape in comparison to those two makes no sense

I'mjust saying he has by far the bigger payoff to draw in fans over the other 2 as well. I'd even go as far as to say that Dave returning to oh lets say, SD, the brand he carried for years , would bring in a large portion of the fans that they lost and who Orton, Christian, and Sheamus can never reach on their best day.

AF.

Reaction score
I would take Batista over Jericho and Foley easily.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Val Venis and Scotty2Hotty for sure.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Sure as hell ain't saying much in comparison to Foley as I'm sure most of this forum is in better shape than Foley and pretty sure he meant considering the fact that Batista's size is part of his appeal him being smaller will look odd.
Least someone understood and didn't go off on a tangent.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
lol don't know how it got flipped into comparing his shape to those other two. Neither of those guys appeals were based on their physical appearance the way it is and was with Batista. It obviously matters if he isn't at the size WWE would obviously want him at considering they have hired guys simply because they were jacked up. So pretty sure if he were to return to WWE he'd try and put the weight back on.