EVOLVE 6

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
EVOLVE 6: ??? vs. ???
November 20th, 2010
Union City, NJ
Ace Arena
725 Sip Street, 07087
Belltime: 8pm

Tickets now on sale in the EVOLVEwrestling.com

Main Event?
Homicide (0-0) vs. Jon Moxley (0-1)

Main Event?
Chuck Taylor (3-1) vs. Austin Aries (0-0)

EVOLVE 1 Rematch
Kyle O'Reilly (2-2) vs. Bobby Fish (0-4)

Special Attraction Match
Ricochet (2-2) vs. Adam Cole (1-2)

Plus More To Be Signed With:
-Jimmy Jacobs (4-1)
-Drake Younger (3-0)
-Cheech & Cloudy (3-0)
-Johnny Gargano (3-2)
-Rich Swann (0-1)
-AR Fox (0-0)
-Scott Reed (0-0)
-Tony Nese (0-0)
-Plus more talent to be added!!!

It is tough selecting a mainevent out of Homicide vs Jon Moxley and Chuck Taylor vs Austin Aries. Both Aries and Homicide are debuting for EVOLVE at this show so it is difficult to split them that way. With Aries opponent Chuck Taylor having a good record then I would pick their match as the mainevent.

I really like the concept of focussing on win-loss records. It is something completely different and increases the emphasis on the sport a bit more.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I am all for that idea of giving the fans the importance of a Wrestler winning and losing. In the same way I like the idea of having top ten rankings in Wrestling. For me wins and loss's are important for the simple reason than if fans see a guy lose to load of mid-carders one month, and then sudderly who gets a title shot and wins the World title of a promotion, the fans just are not going to buy it.

This looks an intresting card. Austin Aries may soon be one of the hottest free agents on the indie scene. If ROH lost him it would be another huge blow.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like top ten rankings aswell, when TNA started they always had a list on their website showing the top contenders for each title. It lets the fans know where their favourites sits and makes it more realistic.

Austin Aries would be one of the hottest free agents on the indy scene, every company wants to get him after ROH let him go.

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of top 10 rankings myself, like Troy said it gives a reality to the promotion and it's nice to read or look and see where certain guys stand. This show looks great, Homicide and Austin Aeries are great signings, personally Austin Aeries is the biggest of the two in my opinion. I've always been a fan of Austin Aeries work, he is a guy that can always deliver in the ring, personally I would love to see a jump to WWE or TNA at some point. I realize he has already been in TNA, but I think he would work once again if he were to sign up.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Look out for Aries as one of my top five Wrestlers of the year in the fourth coming WSM awards!

The reason he stands out from many indie guys, is because of his timing, and because rather than doing many moves in a short space of time to pretty much the same impact, Aries hits a select few high impact moves [like his brian buster] at key points in the bout. Add to this he has all the personaity required.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Here is the updated card

EVOLVE 6: Aries vs. Taylor
November 20th, 2010
Union City, NJ
Ace Arena
725 Sip Street, 07087
Belltime: 8pm

Tickets now on sale in the EVOLVEwrestling.com Shop or by calling 267-519-9744.

The Main Event
Chuck Taylor (3-1) vs. Austin Aries (0-0)

Bonus Main Event
Homicide (0-0) vs. Jon Moxley (0-1)

EVOLVE 1 Rematch
Kyle O’Reilly (2-2) vs. Bobby Fish (0-4)

Special Attraction Match
Ricochet (2-2) vs. Adam Cole (1-2)

JUST ANNOUNCED – Clash Of Egos
Jimmy Jacobs (4-1) vs. Johnny Gargano (3-2)

JUST ANNOUNCED – Tag Team Action
Up In Smoke of Cheech & Cloudy (3-0) vs. The Super Smash Brothers of Player Uno & Player Dos (0-0)

JUST ANNONCED – Special Attraction Match
Drake Younger (3-0) vs. Silas Young (0-1)

JUST ANNOUNCED – Four-Way Match – One Win On The Line
Rich Swann (0-1) vs. AR Fox (0-0) vs. Tony Nese (0-0) vs. Scott Reed (0-0)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Good to see that the mainevent will be Austin Aries vs Chuck Taylor. Aries is the bigger name on the indy scene and should therefore go on last. The card looks really solid and there is a lot of matches which is great to see. Should be a good night.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I expect Homicde to do the job for Moxey. Does anyone know if you can get EVOLVE DVD'S in the UK, as I would like to take a look at them.