Drake in Talks to Star in Financial Thriller ‘Arbitrage’

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
source:

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/01/22/drake-in-talks-to-star-in-financial-thriller-arbitrage/#more-71617

Drake has found success in TV and music, but could movies be the next frontier? The actor-turned-rapper is in negotiations to star in the financial thriller Arbitrage alongside some of Hollywood’s biggest names.

According to showbiz website TheWrap, Nicholas Jarecki (The Outsider) is writing and directing the indie film, which follows a hedge fund magnate who tries to sell his shady trading empire to the bank before his fraudulent ways are exposed. But a costly mistake forces him to turn to the most unlikely corner for help in protecting him from rivals.

Other actors attached to the project include Al Pacino, Susan Sarandon, and Eva Green. Production is scheduled to commence in March in New York.

The Canadian star rose to fame playing Jimmy Brooks in the teen drama “Degrassi: The Next Generation.â€￾ Arbitrage would mark his second appearance on the big screen following a small role in the 2007 film Charlie Bartlett.

This wouldn't surprise me as I could see Drake not doing music long term, and turn to an actor, but we will see what happens.

ilikewwe11

Reaction score
I liked him as Jimmy but you didn't see him much
As a rapper, I respect him and he's one of the best IMO (Not the best)
Watching him in a movie, I wouldn't mind..I would watch it, but I hope he doesn't stop rapping.

Kairi

Reaction score
rumoured update

It is said that Drake is no longer a part of "Arbitrage," the movie. He wants to focus on his sophomore album Take Care,"

Kairi

Reaction score
Singer/Actress Jennifer Lopez is the latest voice addition to the forthcoming animated film “Ice Age: Continental Drift.” Lopez and actor Jeremy Renner will join new voice cast members Keke Palmer, rapper Drake, Wanda Sykes and Aziz Ansari. The new additions was announced on Tuesday (April 26) during a Fox presentation, during which the studio met potential promotional partners, licensees and retail partners.