*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 10/15

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwmania said:
Smackdown (Airing Friday on SyFy):
Teddy Long started the show in the ring, no pyro. He announced a series of matches to determine Team Smackdown for Bragging Rights.
Undertaker was shown standing on the outside of the arena up on the edge of the Rose Garden. Paul Bearer will have a challenge for Taker tonight.

1. Rey Mysterio defeated Cody Rhodes to earn a spot on Team Smackdown. Rey won with the 619 and springboard splash. Rey will join Big Show on Team Smackdown.
Big Show, Hornswoggle, and Kaval were involved in a backstage segment. Kaval wants on Team Smackdown. Show says he can join if he defeats him tonight.
Paul Bearer talked for a while, alluding to a buried alive match.

2. Jack Swagger (w/Eagle) defeated MVP to earn a spot on Team Smackdown. Big Show sat in on commentary. Swagger won via tap out by ankle lock in a very short match. The Eagle was thrown into Michael Cole’s lap.

Undertaker was shown outside up on the roof of the arena again as we go to commercial. WWE China footage was shown while pyro mats were laid out on the stage.

Big Show was still on commentary.

3. Alberto Del Rio defeated Chris Masters to earn a spot on Team Smackdown.
Del Rio won via tap out after the armbar.

4. Edge defeated Dolph Ziggler to earn a sot on Team Smackdown. Edge picks up the win after spearing Ziggler as he came off the top rope. Big Show remained on commentary.

Undertaker was shown up on the roof again, overlooking the city of Portland.

5. Kaval survived a five-minute challenge with Big Show to earn a spot on Team Smackdown. Kaval had to last five minutes to win the spot on Team Smackdown. Kaval survived the five minutes, but just barely, as he was up in chokeslam position as the timer ran out.

Tyler Recks came out while Kaval was still in the ring, and challenged him to a match to take his spot on Team Smackdown. Teddy Long said no, but Kaval accepted, so Teddy made it official.

6. Tyler Reks defeated Kaval to take his spot on Team Smackdown. Reks dominated and won with a modified torture rack/FU type move and takes Kaval’s spot on Team Smackdown.

Drew McIntyre comes to the ring. Dashing Cody teaches us how to maintain fingernails.

7. Kofi Kingston defeated Drew McIntyre to win the final spot on Team Smackdown. Kingston won a short match after the Trouble in Paradise kick to become Team Smackdown as the final member.

Taker finally was off the roof and was shown in the backstage hallway with eerie purple lighting.

Kane and Paul Bearer came to the ring for a promo to talk about Undertaker’s many failures. The crowd was booing big time. I could see many children scared and hiding behind their parents. I love it!

Kane mentioned the buried alive match. There was a BIG Undertaker chant. Taker’s music hit. He came down for a face off with Kane. Paul freaked out and Taker went to town on Kane. Kane and Paul ran up the ramp, Taker got a surge of energy and columns of fire burst from the ring posts like Kane’s pyro. Kane and Paul go up to the stage and Taker fired down lightning on them.

I think the show ended here, but Kane came back down with the urn and fought Taker for a couple minutes until he ran off, leaving Taker in the ring alone with the urn. Taker eventually posed with the urn and left. No street fight (as advertised), but a fun show.

So this week for Smackdown the writers just used RAW's format. We get qualifying matches for Team Smackdown. Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, Edge, Alberto Del Rio and Kofi Kingston all make sense and make for a solid team. Tyler Reks!?!?! Welcome back to television I guess. He has been off WWE tv for quite some time and I honestly thought that he would be fired. But he gets Kaval's spot in Team Smackdown. Could this mean that he cashes in his title shot at this PPV? They have to give him something to do on the PPV.

Undertaker standing on the arena roof? Strange but it makes me want to watch it since it should be such an odd thing to see. Buried Alive match is good but I would have rather it been at Survivor Series.

What do you think of the show? What do you think about the members of Team Smackdown?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Reks probably loses his spot next week. This was probably done to make him relevant again. Although I could be wrong, why would a guy who hasn't been on TV represent a brand.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It doesn't make that much sense having him suddenly return and get a spot on Team Smackdown. He wasn't over before when he was part of ECW and so it isn't like he is a big name returning. I can't see them taking it off him next week as it would mean that this week was pointless.

I have watched most of the show this week and it is actually a really good show. Lots of wrestling which is good and at least the entire focus on on the PPV which is how it should be. I liked the ending with Undertaker shooting lightning, so ridiculous but it made me think back to over a decade ago when he used to do it often.

I like the team for Smackdown except for Reks of course as it just doesn't make sense to me. Besides that I liked the members that they chose for the team. With Rhodes and McIntyre both losing their singles matches I can see them defending their tag team titles on the PPV.