Nexus - CM Punk Version

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
EDIT: I have edited the thread title to reflect the change in direction of this thread. This thread is now for all discussion regarding Nexus whilst Punk is in charge.

Pathetic thread title I know but it had to be done :p

So to all those that saw RAW tonight they will know what I am talking about, if you didn't watch it then don't read on.

Last week Punk attacked Cena on both RAW and Smackdown and made his move away from the announce table and back to the ring. Then this week on RAW Punk had a huge revelation in that he was the new leader of Nexus. I think that this is a great move since Punk is a natural leader, he is an excellent heel, great talker and of course is one of the best in the ring. With Barrett seemingly out of the picture Nexus needed someone strong to keep them relevant and Punk will certainly do that. Punk is a maineventer and will keep Nexus relevant for at least a few more months whilst he is in charge.

What do you think about Punk being the leader of Nexus?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Even though I saw it coming a mile away, I like the move. It keeps Punk in the main event and keeps the Nexus guys relevant. Although I think it will lead to Punk being jobbed to Cena at Mania, I like that this is a fresh feud and I think it will help both guys.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Punk is a good leader for Nexus, but it does leave Barrett out oin the cold. I don't think he could get over as a face, since he has been the thorn in the top babyface's side for the last half of this year. Let's face it, Cena is probably at his hottest he has been in awhile, hardly ever hear smarks outcry the marks and Nexus really helped him get back to top status. So with Punk now being the leader of Nexus, iot would be logical for him to lose to Cena at WM. I can see this fued getting that far, I just wonder if our attention spans can make it that far.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that Barrett will be fine without Nexus, he was the clear standout and now he can work some proper one on one feuds without having someone interfere every five minutes. With the possible injury to Cena it will be interesting where this storyline goes with Punk and Nexus. Run an injury angle on RAW next week and then try to find the next target for the group and with RAW having so few faces that may be difficult.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Scott there is no way you saw it coming a mile off, you are just trying to be a smart arse:p

And yes Troy you should be sent to bed with no supper for that terrible thread title;)

This is a stroke of genuis, HOWEVER! WWE have a recent history of coming up with really inspired ideas, but then not following up. In other words it is easy to do the first part, but not so easy to do the next few steps to really give the storyline the push. This could be the perfect way to get Punk back in the title picture, and raise NEXUS profile in the process, but based on WWE's form of the last year, within Punk will be jobbing to Cena in five minute main events.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
No I'm serious Keith. When Punk attacked Cena the week before I said I bet you he takes over Barrett's spot in Nexus. So it was only one week prior but I saw it coming. If Cena is legit hurt though I'm not sure what happens here.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Cena s legit injury has come at such a bad time. This storyline had potential to elevate nexus so much but idk what will happen now because they have no beef with any babyfaces
other than taker

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yes, but in a way Nexus against Cena has been done to death, so taking Cena out of the picture is no great loss. Yes a Punk/Cena feud would have been different, but maybe Nexus as a whole can benifit this way.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not sure who could be placed against Nexus now in a feud. There aren't that many faces left on RAW in the mainevent. Daniel Bryan is the most obvious choice and then it would just be a collection of some more midcarders. R-Truth, Henry and Primo are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. Maybe Darren Young as well?

I wouldn't mind seeing a match between Punk and Bryan on WWE television so I hope that they chose Bryan to lead the charge against Nexus.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Like I said in another thread, if cena can't put out for WWE due to injury they will bring Wade back into the storyline to fued w/ Punk over leadership of nexus. It probably would be the best heel vs heel storyline in a long time. Think of it, wade's mic skills are strong enough for him to stand on his own, punk makes a strong group leader. Both are heel, how ever this storyline would have both history & a solid point behind it all & i think would be interesting.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I agree completely, it would be certainly be something unexpected. Although if we got a DB/Punk feud I would mark out big time!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I hadn't thought about it but yes Barrett feuding with Nexus would work out quite well and would help Barrett a lot. Barrett going against Punk on the mic and in the ring would be excellent for his development. It would be interesting to see who the fans would cheer though since Punk and Barrett are both big heels on RAW.

Maybe even Barrett and Daniel Bryan joining forces to challenge Nexus?

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
WHATS W/ PUNK?

After this past monday night raw of him making Nexus members beat eachother up & putting them selves in harms way to get a beating. It almost seemed that CM's plan was to take Nexus out from the inside as a way to brag against Cena. How ever I cant believe the comedy Punk has for messing around w/ the minds of the less educated by standing on top of the tron....Do any of you have a prediction to where this story line is going to go after this past monday night's performance?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Some of the segments were kind of hard to watch tbh. Others were far too long, especially the Titantron segment. But that withstanding, it could go either way. Although it does look like what you suggested, Punk killing Nexus from the inside, which would be for the better for everybody. It could also go the way of loyalty, much like street gangs who do initiations in similar ways. Makes Punk look more effective than Barrett and gains more heat on this sadistic asshole who looks like he enjoys watching his lackies get hurt.

Either way, its got my attention. CM Punk seems like the anti-PG guy right now.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
We already have a thread to decuss CM Punk and Nexus, so I will lock this one, please from now on direct your thoughts on this subject to Troy's CM Punk'd thread. Thanks.