WWE Looking for a New Kind of Cage Match

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WON said:
Word going around is that WWE creative has been told to come up with new ideas for a “gimmickedâ€￾ cage to use. There’s a feeling that WWE officials think that the Hell in a Cell match has run its course and a new type of cage match is needed to draw better pay-per-view buyrates.

I suppose that overtime most gimmick matches can become a bit behind the time especially if they keep increasing the stakes. Originally there was the cage mach, followed by the Hell In A Cell and then by the Elimination Chamber. Each time it was a bigger gimmick and a better gimmick in my opinion. Something else that hurts the gimmicks are the overuse of them, the PPV's with three of the same gimmick matches on the show make it seem less important.

I don't know where they can go next with the cage match though. Elimination Chamber is amazing and I don't think that they can top that. Maybe they will revive the three level cage from WCW?

What cage match would you like to see WWE create?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Hell in the Cell has had a good run, and has mostly been sucessful, so it does seem logical to put that to rest. The one Wrestling fans have been calling for, for years is Vince to introduce The War Games in WWE. Out side of the Royal Rumble, War Games is my favoruite gimmick match ever. And it combines all the elements of survivel, team stragiey, hard hitting action, and blood. Plus it is the perfect way to end or start fresh feuds, as you can have mini-sub plots come out of the War Games between certain guys.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
What is Tower of Doom? Don't think I have seen that one.

I would use War Games at an event like Survivorseries to really make it important again, it might be a good way of freshing things up, and could replace the elmination matches.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Tower of Doom was used at the 1988 Great American Bash. It wasn't a great concept but it would be something new.

[video=youtube;4Le0HPPsqUo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Le0HPPsqUo[/video]

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tower of Doom had to be the lamest cage gimmick ever. Even as a young dumb kid, I knew it was stupid.

Anyways, the cage match is fine, sometimes the best thing to do with something that is thought of as stale is to go back to basics. Cage matches were supposed to be the blowoff for major fueds. That meant it was a bloody affair. These matches were supposed to be violent and thats what its lacking these days. HITC is still great, its just been used too damn much.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Thanks Scott, I don't think I have the Bash 88 (and I have a lot of events from around that time) which explains why I haven't seen it. Fact is Vince is detenmined not to use a NWA/WCW idea no matter how great it maybe.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
This is what i would like to see for a cage match. Hell in a cell cage w/ lumberjacks surrounding the ring inside the hell in a cell. Let the wrestlers fight in the ring. As soon as someone thinks they can get out of their match by leaving the ring or having help they can think again cause of all the lumberjacks surrounding the ring & for more if anyone gets thrown out of the right that another way to put one into a danger zone. As always in hell in a cell anything goes the only one rule is that all lumberjacks must stay on the outside of the ring in between the ring and the side of the cell cage. They may use weapons or the cage it self as a weapon of force to beat down on someone how ever lumberjacks are given a 3 minute rule, after 3 minutes they must throw the wrestler back into the ring. hows that sound for a concept?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Interesting idea. Not sure about the three minute rule because it seems like it could drag out the match quite a bit and the other wrestler would just be laying/sitting/standing in the ring for three minutes. Maybe a thirty second rule rather than the normal ten second rule would be a bit more manageable. Also would this prevent them from going outside of the HIAC structure? I have always liked the odd occasion when they get out of the cell and fight outside and on top of it.

The_RB_Brand

Reaction score
Yeah 3 minutes does seem long, i like the half minute rule better, good thinking there. Sure if both superstars fighting each other manage to get out of the cell then kudos to them but that doesn't prevent the lumberjacks from chasing them n beating them down in throwing them back into the ring

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This is what i would like to see for a cage match. Hell in a cell cage w/ lumberjacks surrounding the ring inside the hell in a cell. Let the wrestlers fight in the ring. As soon as someone thinks they can get out of their match by leaving the ring or having help they can think again cause of all the lumberjacks surrounding the ring & for more if anyone gets thrown out of the right that another way to put one into a danger zone. As always in hell in a cell anything goes the only one rule is that all lumberjacks must stay on the outside of the ring in between the ring and the side of the cell cage. They may use weapons or the cage it self as a weapon of force to beat down on someone how ever lumberjacks are given a 3 minute rule, after 3 minutes they must throw the wrestler back into the ring. hows that sound for a concept?

Wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the Hell In A Cell concept? Having Lumberjacks would make the cage itself means nothing. Also, the Cage is murder for camera angles, having more bodies in the cage would make it almost impossible to see whats going on, kind of like when the Armegeddon HIAC happened, too much going on made it too hard to enjoy the match, which is probably why it hasn't been done again.