Abortion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

R.D Punk

Reaction score
This thread is simple, what are your views on the controversial topic of Abortion? I am not going to post my views just yet but I want to hear your views on this.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A very controversial topic and one where people always have a clear opinion either for or against. Some people are completely against it, some say it is okay to be used when rape is involved and others say women should be allowed the choice.

I am in the choice bracket. I believe that a child would be much worse off if brought into this world unwillingly. If a women doesn't want to have the child then she shouldn't have to, yes they made the choice to have unprotected sex but should a child have to be punished with that for the rest of their life? I don't think that it is murder, it isn't a human until it has been delivered and actually entered this world. I think that it is a bigger crime bringing up children in an unloving family who can't afford to properly feed or clothe their children.

Women/Couples that decide to abort fetuses with medical defects are probably doing it a favour. It would be cruel to bring a child into the world and forcing it to suffer for 10 or 20 years in pain.

I also believe that if people want a child then they should have to apply for one and have to fulfill certain criteria. Can they provide a home for the child, do they have enough money to look after a child, is it a safe place for a child etc. It is pretty controversial and will never happen but my heart goes out to kids who have to suffer.

There have been many terrible stories that we all read about children who are mistreated by their parents. In another thread I just posted a couple tried to sell their baby for $25, those people shouldn't have children and there are many people who don't deserve children as they just aren't mature enough as it is a huge responsibility.

Overall I just believe that the option should be there and that it should be openly available to all who want it.

R.D Punk

Reaction score
For me, it is a very controversial subject just because of the topic, when does life begging? Is it when the egg and the sperm fuse and the cell divides or is it when it begging's to look like a baby with arms and a heart beat or again is it when the baby first breathes the air and feeds by it's self all be it with the mothers help?

My view is fairly simple, abortion should only be used if it is the metaphoric "lesser of the two evils". That is for people who don't is, if the baby is born living it's life would be harsher than just getting rid of it so to speak. If a woman has been raped, then yes it should be allowed but only after an in depth investigation has been conducted to make sure it couldn't be avoided. It seems harsh because it's certain if she didn't want to be raped but if she was for example, in a dark alley willing, drunk, wearing a very short skirt and goes towards a group of men then that was her choice to be that stupid thus she shall pay the consequences.

An interesting article on the Daily Mail website (the whole reliability of it is a whole other question ask if you want the link) said that under 24 weeks, the embryo cannot feel a thing, so should it be allowed because it cannot feel pain? Or should it be banned because it still has other feelings other than pain?

Basically, Abortion should only be allowed but only in certain circumstances.