*Spoilers* WWE Smackdown Taping Results For 11/26

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
prowrestling.net said:
WWE Smackdown (Airing Friday November 26)
Smackdown opened with Kane complaining about Edge taking Paul Bearer. He said he is human, celebrates holidays, loves Thanksgiving and really needs his father back. Edge makes him say sorry, beg, and finally doesn’t give him back. Kane made a mistake during the promo which they will have to edit out before the showing.

1. Kofi Kingston beats Jack Swagger in a King of the Ring qualifier. Long match with a bunch of missed spots by Kofi. Kofi eventually hits his finisher on Swagger for the win. Afterward Swagger complained that his eagle didn’t help him enough.

2. Alberto Del Rio defeated Big Show by countout in a King of the Ring qualifier. Decently long match with Big Show chopping and slapping Del Rio for a while, before Del Rio took him down and worked on his leg. Outside the ring, Del Rio’s ring announcer held onto Big Shows foot. Show picked him up, knock out punched him, but paid no attention to the count.

Promo with Edge and Paul Bearer in the bathroom.

3. Drew McIntyre beat MVP in a King of the Ring qualifier. Another somewhat long match in which MVP’s arm was worked on most of the match. Played into the end, and let McIntyre hit his finisher for the win. Not much crowd noise for either one.

4. Kelly Kelly beat Michelle McCool. After the match, LayCool beat down Kelly, but Beth Phoenix made the save and hit her finisher on McCool.

Edge sat up in the stands with Paul Bearer and called out Kane. Edge threatened to throw Paul down the stairs. Kane ran up to get Paul, but Edge left. They filmed to endings to the segment, one being Kane runs out and no one is there, the other is Kane runs up and sees an empty wheelchair.

Rosa Mendes made Hornswoggle a turkey but burned it. Jack Swagger yelled at the bird backstage again and threatened him. Horny had the bright idea to eat the eagle since Rosa burned the other. He shot the eagle with an arrow off camera. Could be the end of the eagle.

5. Dashing Cody Rhodes beat Rey Mysterio in a King of the Ring qualifier. Del Rio out for commentary. Del Rio paced around the ring while on commentary, waiting for the right time to get to Rey. Eventually the ref was distracted and Del Rio pulled Rey into the ring post. Cody hit his finisher and got the pin. After the match, Del Rio attacked Rey, went for the Arm Bar, but Rey escaped to end the show.

It looks like a really good show. I like the idea of the KOTR qualifiers filling the entire show and I like the selections.

Kofi Kingston, Alberto Del Rio, Drew McIntyre and Cody Rhodes are all youngish guys who should have long future ahead of them. They could all, if they have the right storyline and feud, move into Smackdown's mainevent and challenge for the WHC. I really like that these younger guys were chosen ahead of some of the other veterans. WWE are really pushing the youth policy here.

What do you think about the show?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Sounds like a fairly unremarkable show to me.

What I don't get is when there was a new Women's champion crowned at SS, howcome Laycool who are longer champions are still getting the most hyped female feuds.

Is Edge suposed to be a babyface or heel, because he is certainly acting very heelish.

I agree with you up to a point Troy about the guys in the KOTR shake up, the problem I have is that because WWE are not treating it as a serious goal like they once did, then it might only raise the profile of the winner a tad, but still keep them at roughly the same level overall. Also as I said elsewhere, there realistically only two or three people who can win the torument. Guys like Kingston and Mcintyre have lost a lot of momentum the last few months.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
When did Edge and Kane switch spots? Kane is crying about his daddy being kidnapped and Edge is torturing a poor old man who can't defend himself. Who are we supposed to cheer here?

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Excatly my point! I am looking forward to this monday overall, should be very intresting to see who wins, and what direction that guys career takes as a result.