Ted DiBiase - Book his return to the top

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
It has all gone wrong for Ted DiBiase since he split from Legacy, who would have thought that Cody Rhodes would currently have more success as a heel than him?

Ted DiBiase now is in a feud with Santino where he has come out on the losing end most of the time. What has happened to DiBiase who many assumed would be maineventing on RAW reasonably soon? How can he come back from this and become relevant again? What do you think has caused him to not get over with the crowd as much as other heels on RAW and Smackdown?

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
DiBiase has not found a character that suits him. This Privileged son stuff doesn't work for him. Until he finds a new gimmick he is comfortable with and splits from Maryse, I don't see him going anywhere. What I would do is have him split with Maryse after she tells him Money isn't enough to keep her around. Then have him realize Money isn't the only thing and start wrestling and winning matches. Then you could either give him a gimmick or just make him a regular guy that wants to climb the ladder. I'd then turn him face with a big win over a heel like Miz or Punk (remember this is months down the road).

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He really hasn't got the same swagger and presence as his father does he. He is too bland in the role when he needs to be over the top with all of his mannerisms. He definitely needs a gimmick change to move away from just being Ted DiBiase Jr. He needs something different to make himself standout and not just be his fathers son.

I like the idea of having him play a gimmick with more focus, just focussing on winning matches and moving up the ladder to the title. In that gimmick he can work as a tweener who eventually turns face when he has that big win. As far as I can remember he has only been heel in WWE so maybe he will surprise us all as a face.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
The problem with him is the fact creative have just tried to make him a carbon copy of his dad and no one is going to buy it. i think he had a really tough deal pre mania because he was meant to go face and pull off a shock victory over randy but fans started respect cheering orton. i think he just needs to focus on wrestling drop maryse and the horrible gimmick he has. what annoys me though is wwe s in ability to hold down a mid card fued because i thought him v bryan would be a good match but they scrapped it after one match

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
First of all Dibiase has not been at the top yet, so you can't really book his return to the top.

Thing is no one has a clue what Dibiase jr can do, because it is too early. Yes his weakiness do stand out, but so did Randy Orton's at that stage of his career, no one thought he would ever do anything when he was a rookie and now look at him.

Point is WWE rushed his push, and people got carried away predicting big things for him, but by the same token as that was an overeaction, so is the way people are trashing him now. Truth is he was never fantastic, and he has never been terrible, but somewhere in the middle.

Most wrestlers who go on to be great talents, normally have up's and down's along the way, lets just see where he is in two years.