Rihanna to Perform with Sugarland at Academy of Country Music Awards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Discuss.

Hooper: Always some white boy gotta invoke the holy trilogy. Bust this: those movies are about how the white man keep the brother man down, even in a galaxy far, far away. Check this shit: You got cracker farm boy Luke Skywalker, Nazi poster boy, blond hair, blue eyes. And then you got Darth Vader, the blackest brother in the galaxy, Nubian god!

Banky Edwards: What's a Nubian?

Hooper: Shut the fuck up! Now... Vader, he's a spiritual brother, y'know, down with the force and all that good shit. Then this cracker, Skywalker, gets his hands on a light saber and the boy decides he's gonna run the fuckin' universe; gets a whole clan of whites together. And they go and bust up Vader's hood, the Death Star. Now what the fuck do you call that?

Banky Edwards: Intergalactic civil war?

Hooper: Gentrification! They gon' drive out the black element to make the galaxy 'safe' for white folks. And Jedi's the most insulting installment! Because Vader's beautiful black visage is sullied when he pulls off his mask to reveal a feeble, crusty, old white man! They tryin' to tell us that deep inside we all wants to be white!

Banky Edwards: Well... isn't that true?
[Hooper pulls out his gun, shoots Banky]

Yeah. Discuss.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Absolutely incorrect. If the Empire is supposed to represent the blacks just because Darth Vader wears black, then why is the Emperor white, the Storm Troopers wear white, all of the commanders and officers on the Death Star are white and the only black person shown in those movies (Billie Dee Williams aka Lando Calrissian) is on the side of the rebellion.

I hate people that read WAY too deep into things. I mean, I know this isn't a "real" conversation, but there are people like this. If I wanted, I could find a way to link anything to racism.

Nation

You see this shit pisses me off i don't how many times i have heard black people bitching about how bad life sucks for them. The only race of people who should be bitching about white people are the indians. This is why black people get ripped on bacause they bitch and moan and complain about everything. Im not a racist but if they just shut the fuck they might gain respect. I know this conversation is fake but in real life they constantly talk about how much life sucks to be black.

Axis

You see this shit pisses me off i don't how many times i have heard black people bitching about how bad life sucks for them. The only race of people who should be bitching about white people are the indians. This is why black people get ripped on bacause they bitch and moan and complain about everything. Im not a racist but if they just shut the fuck they might gain respect. I know this conversation is fake but in real life they constantly talk about how much life sucks to be black.

Dude. Shut the fuck up.

ChiWa

Reaction score
Kevin Smith makes society look stupid once again.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna is going a little bit country. The pop siren will join country duo Sugarland for a special performance at the 46th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards.

Ryan Seacrest reports that RiRi and Sugarland frontwoman Jennifer Nettles will duet on a country-tinged version of “California King Bed,â€￾ a ballad from the Barbados singer’s latest album Loud.

Fellow songbirds Beyoncé and Keri Hilson have both previously performed with Sugarland at the American Music Awards and “VH1 Divas Salute the Troops.â€￾

The ACM Awards will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on April 3 at 8 p.m. on CBS. Other performers include Taylor Swift, Keith Urban, Toby Keith, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Martina McBride, Reba, Carrie Underwood, and more.

-----

i'm going to be tuning in just to see this

Kairi

Reaction score
S&M,' PART 1: As it rebounds 4-3 as the Hot 100's Airplay Gainer for a second consecutive week, "S&M" marks Rihanna's 14th No. 1 on Dance/Club Play Songs, where it rises 2-1.

The coronation ties Rihanna with Beyonce for fifth place among artists with the chart's most leaders. Here is a look at the acts with the most No. 1s since Dance/Club Play Songs launched as a national survey the week of Aug. 28, 1976:

Total Dance/ Club No. 1s, Artist
40, Madonna
19, Janet Jackson
15, Mariah Carey
15, Kristine W
14, Beyonce
14, Rihanna

Kairi

Reaction score
Rihanna is set to take the stage with Sugarland’s Jennifer Nettles at next month’s Academy of Country Music Awards. The country star shared her excitement about joining forces with her pop counterpart.

RiRi and Nettles will duet on “California King Bed” at the 46th annual show, airing April 3 at 8 p.m. on CBS. “It’s the first time that Lady Ri and I have ever sung together and the first time that this song will be performed live so we are thrilled,” Nettles told Ryan Seacrest.

She explained how the unlikely pairing came about. “We’re just big fans of each other. We wanted to do something that was fun and different and fresh, and I reached out to her and said, ‘Hey, anything you want to do?’ and she said, ‘I have this song that I specifically would love to do,’ and I said, ‘Yes ma’am, we will do it.’”
She added, “It is such a moment. And I think what it shows us is that good music is good and good performance is good, and as long as you like it, who cares what you call it. Get out there and have fun with each other.”

And don’t be surprised if Nettles gives the red-haired diva a run for her money fashion-wise. “I am planning on having a diamond-encrusted crotch,” she joked.

Kairi

Reaction score
The Roc will be in the building at Rihanna’s “LOUD” tour. J. Cole has been added as an opening act for the singer’s upcoming North American trek.

The pop princess made the announcement on Twitter. “J.Cole will be joining me to hit the road in N.America and Canada this SUMMER #LOUDtour,” she tweeted to her 4.1 million followers.

Rihanna is managed by Jay-Z’s Roc Nation and Cole is signed to the label. The North Carolina rapper released a remix to RiRi’s raunchy hit “S&M” and shared his admiration for her in a previous interview with Rap-Up.com. “I’m a Rihanna fan. She’s really dope,” he said.

The Roc stars will hit the road, along with previously announced supporting act Cee Lo Green, starting June 4 in Baltimore, traveling to Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and more, before wrapping in late July.

Kairi

Reaction score
Rolling Stone magazine must have read my recent Twitter rants about them not giving black artists covers because now after five years and ten number one (?) singles they have finally deemed Rihanna worthy of covering one of their issues. The Singer was spotted earlier this month leaving an unknown photo shoot and now we know what it was for. This issue will reportedly hit newsstands next month and appears to be leaked copy.

RIHANNA-ON-THE-COVER-OF-ROLLING-STONE-MAGAZINE.jpg