Goldust

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Note: If you haven't watched RAW yet this will contain some spoilers.

On RAW this week Goldust was revealed to be the secret admirer behind Ted DiBiase and Maryse. But the big surprise was that he wasn't stalking either of them, he was stalking the Million Dollar Title.

This is great because it means that Goldust will now be on RAW each week. He is in great shape at the moment and he is an excellent wrestler so this will help out Ted DiBiase a lot. DiBiase needs a veteran to work with him to help him get over because honestly he has gone backwards since leaving Legacy. Goldust is back as his creepy persona and it is just fantastic having something completely different. His finisher, the Final Cut, is great as well and one of the more innovative finishers on the roster.

What do you think of Goldust and this new feud with Ted DiBiase?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Al I can think is FINALLY! Finally Goldust is not stuck in some dumb comedy crap but instead is finally doing something that he is very good at. This is almost like he was back when he was the IC champion in the mid 90s, feuding with the likes of Undertaker and looking like a legit threat. This is the Goldust that I've been waiting to see. The one that needed to come back because this one is capable of success and helping elevate whoever he is facing off against. So chances are we'll hear about his IC title run, and they probably won't give him too many matches but more promos and vignettes in order to get people more accustomed to this version of Goldust that has been missing for years.

This... if it goes right is going to be a definite good thing for Ted and Goldust in the long run. Mainly Ted. So hopefully they stick wit this.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I too was a big fan of Goldust in his origal form. However you must remember that it is now 2010 and this will be the third time Dustin Rannels has shown this time of his persona. The storyline does sound a bit more intresting, but can the character sustain itself this time around I don't know.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I prefer him in this role rather than as comedic relief which WWE have normally had him play. It is more unusual and a bit darker than the normal gimmicks and he can actually be taken seriously with his. I just want him on RAW more, wrestling and cutting his unique promos. I don't think this character would need to sustain itself for too long, six months would be more than enough time for him to stay as this persona.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I like you was a big fan of the characters oriaganl direction, I loved the feud with Razor, party because it was so real, I mean Scott Hall actually was weirded out by the whole thing which did transfer onto the TV. Its one of Vince Russio's only great moments as a booker. I just think it might be a bit old hat now. It didn't really work when they revived it in 98. But we'll see.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Seems alright to me but they seriously need to stop fucking about with Ted and get him out of the sh*t role he is in atm. Tbh the fued with Goldust may work but they really need Ted to win it otherwise good luck in your future endeavours.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well this may be the feud that helps Ted. He hasn't been able to get himself over whatever role he plays because he is just too bland at the moment. He needs someone more dramatic to play off and that person is Goldust. Goldust is a huge character that will hopefully help Ted improve his charisma and improve as a character overall. It also helps Ted because Dustin Rhodes is a very good wrestler so the matches will be good. Ted will definitely come out on top in this feud but it is more about what happens with him during the feud then the end of it.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Really would you still call Rhodes a very good wrestler. I was a big fan in his WCW days. Then his ring style seemed to suffer slightly because of the actions of the Goldust character, but he made it work quite well and against the right oppenernt [Undertaker, Marc Mero, HHH] the guy still had quailty bouts. But for the last few years he has been out of shape, and has become totally clueless in the ring.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
His matches against Regal in the past couple of months on Superstars have been very good. He has dropped a fair bit of that weight in the past year and can still have a great match when he is on song. Yes he isn't up to the level he was back in the mid nineties but I still think that he is a good wrestler and will be able to help out Ted quite a bit.