Long Time WWE Star Announces He’s Retiring Soon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At today’s Raw house show in London at the 02 Arena, long time WWE star William Regal announced in front of the live crowd that he would be retiring soon. The current British tour would be his last. Regal got one of the biggest reactions of the night for his match with Daniel Bryan.

I suppose this would have been expected but still it is sad when they actual announce that they will be going soon. Regal has never reached the heights that some expected in WWE but he has still had a fantastic career since he came across. I am sure that if he wants to stay in the business WWE will offer him a job behind the scenes. He may want to return home though and if that is the case I wouldn't be surprised to see him open a wrestling school there.

Reaction score
I see Regal as a trainer for the new Tough Enough show that is coming up. Sadly if Regal would not have failed 2 wellness test I think he could have a WWE Heavyweight Champion. But he has had a good career I mean he started out average in WCW, but look what the WWE has done for him? He has a few shitty gimmicks (See Eugene's And Hornswoggle Baby Sitter). But has had the potential in him and is always a guy willing to let new comers get over. Sad we wont see him compete, but I think the wear and tare in his body for wrestling for so long he would not want to be tempted on using drugs again so this can be a real good move for him.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I don't get it, he signed a 3 yr contract.

SPOILER OF GM TBH!

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The wellness test that he failed when he won King of the Ring most likely cost him his best chance at a WWE title shot and win. It is a shame but still he has been very successful in WWE winning the minor titles and being featured as a regular for so long. He would be a good choice as a trainer on Tough Enough.

Even if he signed a three year deal I am sure that if his body isn't up to it he can stop and then move behind the scenes. I like the idea of him being GM, he was great in the role before and would be a fantastic choice to be it now.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Well I predicted the GM Role from around the time he signed his new contract. I knew he wouldn't be so active anymore but I think he could also be leader of Nexus as him and Wade are great friends IRL.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well he could just be GM and from that role have helped Nexus. That could have been the reason behind Nexus getting contracts and from getting help from the announymous GM. Plus it explains why the GM is annonymous since he was still wrestling at the time.

Reaction score
William Regal is one of my favorite talents, the guy knows his way around the squared circle. As far as his retirement, I can't say I'm surprised, since he fucked up his push he hasn't been doing much but getting squashed over and over. I've always said that a GM role is best for him, he's amazing on the microphone and the job just seems to suit him, I would love for him to be the new GM of Raw, keep him on screen but not in the ring. He's an on air talent that WWE can't afford to lose, whether they see it or not William Regal is a huge asset to them.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
When did he win the KOTR I don't remember that, must of been when I was hardly watching WWE.

I've got a lot of time for the guy, his heel characters have been some of the most relistic and yet entertaing in years. I loved when he used the Brass Knuckles and kept refiring to it as the "Power of the Punch!" Also liked the skit on Raw when he facing Hulk Hogan and had an episodes of Hulk's cartoon series on, and was basically slagging the whole off.

The whole thing is, wouldn't making him GM be a bit predictable, as he has played that part before, as well as that of commiser. I just think they should give Regal something new to do.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He won the KOTR in April 2008, then in less than a month after that he was suspended under the wellness policy.

I don't think that it would be predictable as the GM, I hadn't thought of him as being the GM until I read the idea in this thread. Also he has proven that he can do the task of GM and so we know that he would work as GM rather than trying someone who may not fit the role.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I think Regal will be an agent after his time in the ring is done, him and Fit can teach new guys how to work properly and keep their work tight. My favorite Regal moments were the classy bar room brawls those two had, and him exposing Goldberg as a green rookie in WCW was probably the most unintentionally funniest moment I'll ever see.