TNA Slammiversary VIII

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
3a87681a8365cb10ceb54d7831ccad1f_XL.jpg

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Sting vs. RVD(c)

TNA X-Division Championship
Doug Williams (c) vs. Brian Kendrick

Jeff Hardy & Mr. Anderson vs. Beer Money

Kurt Angle vs. #10 Contender Kazarian

KNOCKOUTS TITLE MATCH
ROXXI VS. (c) MADISON RAYNE

"THE PHENOMENAL" AJ STYLES VS. JAY LETHAL

'THE BLUEPRINT" MATT MORGAN VS. HERNANDEZ

MONSTER'S BALL: DESMOND WOLFE VS. ABYSS w/ CHELSEA

BROTHER RAY (TEAM 3D) VS. JESSE NEAL (INK, INC.)

This will be updated when matches are announced.​

What are your thoughts on these matches and this card in general?​

StillTW

Reaction score
If the band don't lose those titles, what little faith I have left in TNA will come crashing down. Matt Morgan is a brilliant up and coming guy, and I reckon whoever he's teamed with will be pretty cool too...there is no excuse for the Band, at their age, to have a title win over up-and-comers. If it should happen, then, there is no denying it: Kevin Nash is keeping young stars down, still. And in a company such as TNA...that openly markets itself as the lightning quick, youthful alternative to the WWE, that's unforgiveable, and will, likewise, show that Hulk Hogan has simply NO idea what it is he's dealing with.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Eh... why is Kendrick getting a shot?, really?... oh ok then, Doug Williams to take it there, nothing against Spanky, but really there's much better contenders out there for this match, Amazing Red, Shelly, Sabin... and where is Brutus Magnus/Nick Aldis/Oblivion?!... I liked him :/.

The tag match and the World Title match are really just embaressing, Sting is in his fifties, so are The Band... how the hell are we supposed to take TNA seriously when they have these old men in title situations, and Sting needs to get that damn T-Shirt off, it looks terrible, and that wasn't gay at all!. He looks like a backyard wrestler or a low-rent indy worker, it's really bad... I'll wait and see if the card fills up with better matches before I decide to stay up and watch this... I want to see Styles/Hardy/Anderson, that sounds really good, and that's what they're building to I think from the last impact, and maybe Abyss/Wolfe again, maybe a tag match Abyss/Terry Vs Wolfe/Jordan, although OJ shouldn't be allowed on PPV... I mean c'mon... that's horrible!.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
What he said lol. I was at Slammiversary last year and I thought the card was to old with just Foley, Jarrett and Angle in the main event with Styles and Joe. As well as Douglas, Raven and Sting on the undercard. At that time Booker, Nash and Steiner were in the company but not used on the card. Now this is just ridiculous. Just my quick two sense.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
One thing I will say in favour of the Band is that they added Eric Young to the group. Boy was that hit of youth needed to take over most of the wrestling since Nash and Hall are both past it. I do also hope that they lose the titles at Slammiversary since they add nothing as champions and I would rather see Morgan get back the titles. Look forward to seeing who his new partner will be.

The X-Division title scene has been quite confusing recently especially since Doug Williams couldn't fly out of Europe because of the volcano. It just seems like any random guy is getting a title shot. Kendrick is good and it should be a typical high flying match but I hope for a little bit of stability and that Williams retains the title here.

Sting never seems like drifting away from the title scene does he. Still he is much better than most if not all of the old guys TNA have or have had in the recent past. After this I would like to see RVD take on guys like Desmond Wolfe and Samoa Joe for the title. There is no way RVD is losing the title here.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I have to admit some of the matches added yesterday will help the card. They have announced Kaz vs Angle, and Beer Money Inc. vs Hardy and Anderson. Is also was hinted that Styles vs Lethal made be added to the card. Those three matches may save this show for me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I have updated the first post with the other matches that are listed on the official website.

Angle will surely win his match since they are playing out the Angle with him having to start at the bottom and work his way back to the title scene. I can see Angle winning his way up to second or third spot on the rankings which isn't really something I want to see as it means he will defeat all those on the list in quick succession.

Tag team match sounds good and surely the new guys will get the win here, unless of course Anderson and Hardy turn on each other during the match costing themselves the win.

Styles vs Lethal would be a great addition. Lethal is so much better now since dropping that stupid Macho Man gimmick that went on way too long.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
A lot of changes to this PPV card.

The tag team match has been scrapped and Matt Morgan is now facing Hernandez. Logical grudge match to have for Hernandez's return.

AJ Styles vs Jay Lethal was added which is great news, should be a good match and will help Lethal a lot to face someone like AJ Styles again.

Desmond Wolfe vs Abyss again this time in a Monsters Ball match, doesn't interest me.

Brother Ray vs Jesse Neal added aswell. I expect this to lead to some tag team matches in the future.