Charlie Sheen to star in new sitcom

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Charlie Sheen, who was fired from "Two and a Half Men" in March, aims to launch another hit sitcom -- this time, on his own terms.

The tempestuous star is planning to return to series television in the aptly titled "Anger Management," based on the 2003 film of the same name.

With no network currently in place, the new series will be produced by Lionsgate Television and shopped to prospective broadcast and cable networks by Lionsgate subsidiary Debmar-Mercury, the company announced Monday.

The 45-year-old Sheen will have a "significant ownership stake" in the series, Lionsgate said.

Not only that, but, as Sheen noted in the statement, he will have "a certain amount of creative control."

"I chose 'Anger Management' because, while it might be a big stretch for me to play a guy with serious anger management issues, I think it is a great concept," he said.

Anger issues and what he complained was a lack of creative control led to his terminal clash with "Two and a Half Men" producer Chuck Lorre and the show's network, CBS. By the time of his dismissal, Sheen had threatened and maligned his bosses, who in turn blasted him for his erratic behavior as a drug-abusing, reckless playboy. After that he intensified his rants in various media interviews and a live concert tour.

In May, Ashton Kutcher was announced to replace Sheen in "Men," TV's most-watched sitcom, which returns this fall for its ninth season.

Sheen's new project will reunite him with Joe Roth, with whom Sheen has worked in five features, including "Major League," ''Young Guns" and "Three Musketeers."

Sheen welcomed the chance to be back in business with Roth, whom he called "one of my favorite movie producers of all time."

No co-stars or production start date have been announced by Lionsgate for "Anger Management."

In the film, which starred Adam Sandler and Jack Nicholson, a mild-mannered man is ordered to attend group anger-management sessions led by a therapist who needs anger therapy himself.

The role Sheen will play was not specified by Lionsgate

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
For sure, seems like an awesome idea i loved the movi, so it should be intresting to see how they make it into a Tv show.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The movie was decent but both Adam Sadler and Jack Nicholson have done millions of times better. I wouldn't base a sitcom off of it, but Sheen is a superstar and should be allowed to have his TV show at this point. If mediocre C stars can get reality shows then this should be acceptable at least at this point if it doesn't work at all the fallout would be fun to watch.