iPhone 4 plummets 13,500ft to the ground and STILL works

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

phantomgerald

he'll never return to the level he once was with the injury. england need a new targetman.

Wrestling God

Reaction score
Newcastle said that Owen is fitter than he was before the world cup and is well capable still doing a job for england.

the dark knight

Owen should team up with Rooney in the England national team. Owen is a fast, good scorer, but he lacks fitness imo.
ur right about 1 thing . but hes maybe lackin fitness now cuz hes just back from an injury . but he wasnt during liverpool and madrid's days .
Newcastle said that Owen is fitter than he was before the world cup and is well capable still doing a job for england.
damn right he can . do we have a choice? who do we have other than owen ? defoe sucks . bald andrew sucks . crouch is not as good as owen . so i'd pick owen with rooney like station said .

phantomgerald

i'd pick crouch alone up front rather than owen. we might not play pretty with crouch, but at least we're winning, which is very rare now

Kairi

Reaction score
Well, they have been flying off the shelves... iPhone 4 plummets 13,500ft to the ground and STILL works

By Graham Smith

Last updated at 1:28 AM on 19th July 2011

A skydiver thought he had seen the last of his iPhone 4 when it plummeted 13,500ft to the ground during a recent tandem jump.
But Jarrod McKinney was amazed to not only find his Apple device, but that it was also intact and still worked.
While the glass exterior was cracked to pieces, the 37-year-old from Minnesota was still able to make a call.

Sturdy: Skydiver Jarrod McKinney's iPhone 4 was shattered on the surface, but he was still able to make a call

He told CNN: 'As unbelievable as it sounds, my phone had fallen 13,500ft, and was still sending out a signal.'
Mr McKinney had placed his iPhone in a pocket which had a Velcro zip shortly before he jumped out of a plane in a tandem jump with his wife in Winsted, Minnesota.

When he landed on the ground, he reached for his device and realised it was no longer in his pocket.
An upset Mr McKinney assumed that was the end of his iPhone, especially as the screen cracked when his two-year-old recently knocked if off a shelf in the bathroom.
But, with nothing to lose, he went to the iPad in his truck and ran the 'Find My iPhone' app.

An unlikely save: Mr McKinney had placed his iPhone in a pocket with a Velcro zip before he jumped out of a plane in Winsted, Minnesota (stock image)

To his surprise, Mr McKinney was directed to look for his phone less than a quarter of a mile away on a nearby factory rooftop.
A short while later, the astonished skydiver found the phone, its glass surfaces shattered.
It was then that his friend Joe Johnson, a skydiving instructor, jokingly dialled Mr McKinney's number - and the iPhone rang.
'They were all like, "It works! It works!"' he said.
The news that an iPhone 4 could survive a 13,500ft fall is especially surprising considering the problems the model had with its antenna reception upon its release last year.
Complaints about the iPhone 4 surfaced soon after its June 2010 release, with users saying its wireless signal weakens drastically when the device is held in a certain way.
Apple boss Steve Jobs was forced to hold an emergency press conference to defend the device and promised to ship out a free plastic case for each customer.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I hate Apple. HATE them, with a burning intensity. Give me an Android smartphone and I'll be the happiest man on the planet.

Ben

Reaction score
Technically the screen broke so the phone is pretty much not unusable, agree though the droid is way better.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I read an article yesterday which stated that they have more money than the US government. I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be impressed with Jobs, or terrified that he's gonna take over the earth someday.